Trading platforms have become a very important tool, both for experienced traders and for traders who are just starting out. Therefore, we will explain some basic concepts so that you understand more the function that an investment platform really fulfills.
What is a trading / investment platform?
The platforms for investing (either in Forex or CFDs, indices, etc.) provide their services to individuals all over the world. Explained in simple words: the platforms allow traders to participate in the financial markets at any time, and allow them to be aware of the most recent updates in the market.
It allows both brokers and investors to operate without problems. Usually the platforms can be web, that is, one can access from the internet, or they can also be downloadable platforms, where it is necessary to download and install the platform before using it.
How do I know if my platform is good?
Here are some data to identify a good platform:
- The platform should be able to let you in and out of the market, without lag, lag or delay.
- As a trader it is necessary that you can operate through the platform in a simple way, although this may be a matter of training and getting used to the platform
- Whether you use the platform at home or on a laptop away from home, it is necessary that the platform allows you to do it from wherever you want and at any time
- A good platform should offer different functions and "addons" (like the option to add indicators, charts, and more)
- A good investment platform will allow you to have access to the platform every day, at any time
- A platform must allow you to carry out multiple transactions, even when it has a lot of web traffic, it is no excuse
- For newbies, the platform should have an interface that is user-friendly, easy to understand
- This point also goes for newbies: The platform must allow entering the market with small amounts of money
Test your platform
Once you have chosen a platform, testing it and its different options and applications is of crucial importance, all this, before using a real account, the best option is to do all kinds of tests with a DEMO ACCOUNT.
What is the best platform?
There is no perfect platform, and there are several factors, we believe that it depends on the mode and strategies of each trader. In our opinion, the most popular, and with the greatest amount of support and resources to learn on the internet, is the MT4 (MetaTrader 4).
Some other platforms widely used by traders are: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, Multicharts, MetaTrader 5, cTrader and ProTrader, among others.
It should be noted that in some cases, the broker has its own platform.
If even after reading this you have any questions, you can send us a message here leave us a comment right here.